Tuesday, October 19, 2010

If Only I Had an Enemy Bigger than My Apathy

Sometimes I wish I could say I felt something more than I do, if only to silence you.  At one time, I made a choice to be numb and now it is a thing that has become me.  I refuse to carry your burden.  I refuse to be the catch you are fishing for when you cast your line.  If there is a response you seek from me, just tell me as much.  However, if you demand to illicit a certain response from me, I'm afraid you may find yourself disappointed. 
I see the tears fall down your cheeks, and I know you perceive your emotions to be sadness and fear.  I perceive them as pathetic.  I see you as confused, and lost for something you are wanting.  Why do you feel entitled? Where did that idea come from? How quickly your inability to cope becomes my inability to sympathize.  Point your finger and dry your face.  Make anger your emotion and choose to decide.  Your attack of my apathy is ironic indeed.  If I am apathetic to your strife, would I also be apathetic to your blame?

No comments:

Post a Comment